Tuesday, August 13, 2013
QUESTION AND ANSWER IN LIS -5
UGC-NET Objective Question, Practice Set B (1)
(B) Charles Babbage
(C) Tim Berners-Lee
(D) Steve Jobs
8) According to General Financial Rules, 2005, loss of how many volumes per
thousand volumes issued / consulted in a year is to be taken as reasonable.
9) According to Ranganathan, many collections lose its relevance in how many years?
(A) 20 years.
(B) 30 years
(C) 40 Years
(D) 50 years.
10) Annual withdrawals from the collection should average at least how many percent of the total collection.
11) The standard size of a catalogue card is
(A) 5 inch X 3 inch
(B) 4 inch X 3 inch
(C) 4 inch X 4 inch
(D) 3 inch X 3 inch
12) IFLA Head office located at
(A) Paris, France
(B) Netherlands, in The Hague
13) The head office of Indian Library Association (ILA) is
14) The word “Archives” is most relevant to
(A) Historical material
(B) National bibliography
(C) Free of charge
(D) Family members
15) The word “Referral service” is most relevant to
(A) Database search service
(B) Inter Library Loan
(C) Information scouting
(D) Retrospective searching
16) Which of the following is a Library Management Software?
(A) LibSys 7
17) Which of the following is an Open Source Software?
(B) SOUL 2.0
(D) LibSys 7
18) Which of the following is a Secondary source of information?
(B) Text book
(C) Bibliography of Bibliography
1. ________ is one of the records of circulation section.
(A) Accession Register
(B) Day book
(C) Catalogue Card
(D) AACR-2 (R)
2. Getting books back from the users and releasing the borrower’s ticket is
3.While entering the library, the personal belongings of a reader is kept in
(A) Cloak room
(B) Property counter
(C) Gate counter
(D) Store room
4. Identify the odd one from the following:
5. Following is not a Web 2.0 tool:
(C) UGC-INFONET 2.0
(D) RSS feeds
6. PDA stands for:
(A) Personal Digital Assistance
(B) Personal Document Archive
(c) Personal Digital Archive
(D) Program Download Accessories
7. PLONE is a:
(A) Content Mnagement System
(B) Digital Library Software
(D) Federated Search Engine
8. Pi is the e-book reading device by:
9. Following is an example of microblogging:
10. Study carrels are exclusive areas meant for……………
11. Library catalogue cards are filed in specially designe(D) drawers called
(A) Charging tray
(B) Catalogue cabinet
(C) Display rack .
(D) Filling equipment
12. INFLIBNET headquarters is located at
(B) New Delhi
Answer: (A) (Ahmedabad, Gujarat)
13. Resource sharing is a part of …
(A) Library cooperation
(B) Library administration
(C) Library management
(D) Library cataloguing
14. What is the full form of ERNET?
(A) Engineering Network
(B) Eastern Regional Network
(C) Electronic Research Network
(D) Education and Research Network
15. Information Gatekeepers come under ________ sources.
16…………… categorises documents into three types such as primary,
secondary and tertiary.
(C) S. R. Ranganathan
17. ________ is a legal document and can be used as a source of industrial
(B) Law Review
18. In Encyclopaedia Britianica, ___________ acts as an index to macropaedi(A)
(B) Introduction Part
19. One of the book selection principles states that “the best reading for the
largest number at the ……………Cost.”
20. Payments for the books purchased can be made only after
(D) arrangement in the shelve
21. The standard size of an accession register is ?
(A) 15” x 13”
(B) 16 x 13”
(C) 12” x 5”
(D) 5” x 3”
22. ISBN stands for ________
(A) Integrated Services Bibliographic Network
(B) Indian Standard Book Number
(C) International Standard Book Number
(D) International Standard for Book and Non- book
23. The three card system introduced by Ranganathan are (i) Register Card (ii)
(C) Ledger Card
(D) Classified Index Card
29. Physical condition of the books should be property maintaine(D) This is
30.________ is an important record of books, which shows the position of any
book on the shelves.
(A) Bay Guide
(B) Authority File
(C) Accession List.
(D) Shelf. .List
31.Books misplaced on the shelves by readers are restore(D) This work is
referred to as
(B) Stock verification
(C) Shelf rectification
32. Books lost from the library are known through ________
(A) Stock verification
(B) Charging and discharging
(C) Shelf list
(D) Accession Register
33. Outdated and seldom used books are withdrawn from the library is
known as – .
34. The objective of library binding is ________
of the library materials.
(A) Proper organisation
(D) humidity control
35.All part and pages of a volume are correctly sequenced in the first stage of
process known as?
36. ________ are the storage areas for the various types of documents kept in a
(A) Tasks .
37. Technical section performs mainly two functions namely classification
(B) bills payment
38. PRECIS was developed by Derek Austin for use in the ________
39. Sheets before and after the text of a book are called _________. .
(A) End papers
(B) Attach cover
(C) Head bands
40.Leather being used as one of the binding materials i.e., _________ is the
(C) Pig skin
(D) Sheep skin
41. ________ has prescribed certain standards for library binding.
(B) ALA .
42. ________ is a process of helping employees in an organization to acquire
and competence on a continuing basis
(A) Total Quality Management
(B) Management Information System
(C) Financial Resources Development
(D) Human Resources Development.
43. A skillful method of providing means, mechanism and structural elements to.
streamline organizational work is known as _______
(A) Strategic planning
(B) Role analysis
(C) Work culture
(D) Autonomous planning
44.On which of the following technologies semantic web is not based?
(C) Cloud seeding
45.World Wide Web (WWW) was first designed by whom?
(A) Charles Babbage (B) F. W. Lancaster
(C) Ted Nelson
D) Tim Berner's Lee
46. Which generation computers uses integrated circuits(ICs)?
47. The CD alphabets in CDS/ISIS stands for
(A) Computerized Documentation
(B) Condensed Disk
(C) Confirmed Disc
(D) Compact Disc
48. LYCOS is a
(A) search engine
(B) programming language
(D) database vendor
49. Electronic telecommunications system joining millions of computers
(C) US Mail
50. Following is not a social bookmarking site:
51. Following is not a network protocol:
52. LOCKOSS (Software) is an international community initiative by:
(A) MIT Libraries
(B) Stanford University
(C) University of Waikato
(D) University of Southampton
53. Who invented OSI Model in 1982
(C) Indian standerd orgganisation
(D) International standard organisation
54. Where ISDN was first started in 1990
55. Now-a-days how many tipes of Protocol are used ?
56. Which type of protocol is used by interface for public data network(PDN) ?
57. CCF stands for
(A) Common Communication Format
(B) Centre for Communication Format
(C) Committee for Communication Format
(D) Common Curriculum Format
58. In Which five year plan the INFLIBNET was established
(A) Fourth five year plan
(B) Fifth five year plan
(C) sixth five year plan
(D) seventh five year plan
59. Which network in India provided the first e-mail service in the country?
60. Who publishes Annals of Library Science and documentation?
61. What is full text e-Resource ?
(C) Science finder scholar
Answer: (D) (American chemical society)
62. Which one is E-Bibliographic database?
63. Virtua accommodates which version of the MARC Standard?
(D) SWEMARC/All of above
64. Which one is a journal of Library and Information Science?
(B) Acta numerica
(C) Interlending and Document supply
65. The Electronic Library is......................
(A) A Magazine
(B) A Journal Name
(C) A LIbrary
(D) An Encyclopeadia
66. Where is the headquarter of RRRLF?
67. Who provides the ISBN?
68. RRRLF provides the?
69. ”It is a library with little or no physical presence of books, periodicals,
reading space or support staff, but are that disseminate selective information
directly to distribute library customers, usually electronically”. Said by whom?
(A) Kay Gapen
(D) H. G. Wells
70. ”A library is a public institution or establishment charged with the care of
collection of books, the duty of making them accessible to those who require
the use of them and the task of converting every person in its neighborhood
into a habitual library goers and reader of books.”Quoted by whom?
(A) Dr S R Ranganathan
71. Classification of all types of libraries has been made by-
72. ”Special libraries serve a specialist clientele, located within a single
establishment or group and all engaged in working towards one common
purpose.” Who said this
73. Reading centre’s, story hours, exhibitions and reading to literature are
forms of …
(A) Extension service
(B) Service of a public library
74. Which library first introduced the printed catalog
(A) British Museum
(B) Library of Congress
(C) Lelin State
(D) Imperial Library
75. Informal self education is possible in what kind of library?
(A) National Library
(B) Public Library
(C) Specific Library
(D) College Library
76. API stands for
(A) Application Programming Interface
(B) American Public Initiative
(C) All Programing Interface
(D) American Program for Information