By :S P Sood
- A meeting of individuals or representatives of various bodies for the purpose of discussing and acting on topics of common interest.
- A meeting of representatives of a corporate body that constitutes its legislative or governing body.
3. Rules of Choice of Heading
4.1 Periodical Conference
Proceedings, Library (All India – Confe-
[ 1 V per year. V 1- :1933- ].
This library has V 1-55;1933-87.
Continued in the next card
Proceedings, Library (All India -Conference).
Library (All India-Conference), Proceedings.
Conference proceedings, Library science,
4.2 Non- periodic Conference
4.2.1 Conference with specific name
4.2.2 Diplomatic Conference
4.2.3 Conference without a Specific name
4. Rules of Rendering of Heading
4.2.4 Organ Conference
4.3 Organ of Conference
7. Further Readings
- Ranganathan, S.R. Classified Catalogue Code. Ed 5. Bangalore, Sarada Ranganathan Endowment for Library Science, 1988.
- Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed. 1988 revision. Ottawa: Canadian Library Association, 1988.
- Navalani, K. Comparison of Classified Catalogue Code and Anglo-American Cataloguing rules: Conference (In ILA Bulletin. V 5 N3: 1969. P 22.
- Ranganathan, S R and G. Bhattacharya. Names of places of a conference (In Library Science with a Slant to Documentation. V 4N2; 1967. P 192.
- Parameswaran, M. Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules (II) and CCC (5): A comparative study. New Delhi: Ess Ess Publications, 1989.