2. What is Social Sciences
3. Origin of Social Sciences
4. Social Sciences: Second Half of the Twentieth Century
5. Social Sciences in India : Pre-Independence Era
6. Social Sciences in India : Post-Independence Era
7. Social Sciences in India : Institutional Framework
- The status of women by Vina Mazumdar etc.
- The Population and social change by Ashok Mitra, Ashish Bose and others.
- Rural Poverty Project by T.N.Srinivasan, Pranab Bardhan, Ashok Rudra and others.
8. Social Sciences in India: Interdisciplinary Approach.
9. Social Sciences: Indentifying Disciplines
10. Concluding Remarks
- International Encyclopedia at the Social and Behavioural Sciences. Ed. by Neil J Smelser and Paul B. Baltes. Vol. 1 Oxford, Elsevier, 2010.
- Social Science Research in India: Institutions and Structure. Ed. by M. V. Nadkarni and R. S. Deshpande. New Delhi, Academic Foundation, 2011
- World Social Science Report 2013: Changing Global Environment Ed. by International Social Science Council. Paris, UNESCO.
- Chatterjee, Partha – Institutional context of Social Science Research in South Asia. Economic and Political Weekly. 38; 35, August 2002. p.3604-3612.
- Nayyar, Deepak. Globalization : What does it mean for Higher Education.Economic and Political Weekly 42,50,2007. p.30-35.