1. Identify the association that has changed its original name :
2. Conference proceedings are considered as..................documents.
3. Rules for dictionary catalogue were devised by :
(A) A. Pannizzi
(B) C. C. Jewet
(C) S. Lubetzky
(D) C. A. Cutter
4. RSS feed is a tool of :
(A) Graphic design
(B) Web 1.0
(C) Web 2.0
5. An appropriate source to find out descriptive information is................ .
6. Glossary is a :
(A) List of technical words with definitions
(B) List of words in a language
(C) List of thematically arranged words
(D) Alphabetical index to passages of work
7. One of the following search engine is exclusively meant for scientific information :
8. Technological Gatekeeper is :
(A) A formal method of giving current awareness service
(B) A method of technology assessment and evaluation
(C) A process of transfer of technology
(D) An informal mechanism of keeping user informed of relevant development
9. Who among the following honoured with ‘Nobel Prize’ for his substantial contribution in
(A) S. C. Bradford
(C) Eric De Grolier
(D) Henri La Fontaine
10. The Farmington plan is associated with :
(A) Library Legislation
(B) Library Cataloguing
(C) Library Cooperation
(D) Library Indexing Service
11. UNESCO assisted Model Public Library in India is located at :
12. Mark the ‘odd one out’ :
(A) Cow-Calf principle
(B) Principle of osmosis
(C) Wall picture principle
(D) Whole organ principle
13. GUI stands for :
(A) Graphic User Interface
(B) Graphic User Interaction
(C) Graphic Utility Interface
(D) Great Union of India
14. Shelf list facilitates................ .
(B) Weeding out
(C) Stock verification
15. The office of patent information system in India is at............ .
(B) New Delhi
16. Questionnaire is a :
(A) Research method
(B) Measurement technique
(C) Tool for data collection
(D) Data analysis technique
17. A periodical evaluation of an employee is done through........... .
(A) Job rotation
(B) Performance appraisal
(C) Refresher course
(D) Work guide
18. CCF stands for................ .
(A) Current Classification Format
(B) Current Communication Format
(C) Common Communication Format
(D) Common Classification Format
19. “Controlled Group” is a term used in.............. .
(A) Survey research
(B) Historical research
(C) Experimental research
(D) Descriptive research
20. ‘Noise’ in Information Retrieval is due to............. .
(C) Relevant information
(D) Redundant information
21. The concept “Invisible College” first used by :
(A) Eugene Garfield
(B) Derek Solla Price
(C) Allent Kent
(D) Carl Savage
22. Who enunciated the term ‘hypertext’ ?
(A) E. Garfield
(B) Bill Gates
(C) Ted Nelson
(D) Raj Reddy
23. ‘Cranfield Project’ is an example of.................... .
(A) Experimental Research
(B) Survey Research
(C) Case Study
(D) Historical Research
24. IFLA took up the “Universal Availability of Publication” program in the year............... .
25. International Information System on Research in Documentation (ISORID) was
established by :
26. What is the relationship between ISBD and cataloguing codes ?
(A) They are not related at all
(B) Cataloguing codes will include bibliographic description
(C) ISBD includes cataloguing rules
(D) ISBD can replace cataloguing rules
27. COPSAT stands for............... .
(A) Cooperative periodicals in science and technology
(B) Current online periodicals in science and technology
(C) Current online patent in science and technology
(D) Contents of periodicals in science and technology
28. The journal “Knowledge Organization” is published by :
29. Tagging in web 2.0 application is called :
30. Inductive logic proceeds from :
(A) General to General
(B) Particular to General
(C) General to Particular
(D) Particular to Particular
31. CRG stands for :
(A) Committee for Rural Grant
(B) Classification Research Group
(C) Committee for Ranganathan Guild
(D) Classic Research Grant
32. Which of the following is not a “Graphic representation” ?
(A) Pie Chart
(B) Bar Chart
33. Match the following :
(1) Scientific Management (a) Peter Drucker
(2) Theory of Motivation (b) Maslow
(3) Theory of X and Y (c) F. W. Taylor
(4) MBO (d) McGregor
(A) 1--c, 2--b, 3--d, 4--a
(B) 1--b, 2--a, 3--c, 4--d
(C) 1--d 2--b, 3--a, 4--c
(D) 1--a, 2--d, 3--c, 4--b
34. Match the following :
List ‘A’ List ‘B’
(1) Chattopadhyaya (a) 1959 Committee Report
(2) Kothari Commission (b) 1942 Report
(3) Sinha Committee Report (c) 1986
(4) Fyzee Committee Report (d) 1966
(A) 1 (c), 2 (d), 3 (a), 4 (b)
(B) 1 (d), 2 (c), 3 (b), 4 (a)
(C) 1 (b), 2 (d), 3 (c), 4 (a)
(D) 1 (d), 2 (b), 3 (a), 4 (c)
35. “Fair use” is a term most relevant to :
(A) Intellectual Property Right
(B) Books borrowed for home reading
(D) Use of reference books
36. Match the following :
(1) Bradford’s Law (a) Author’s productivity
(2) Lotkas Law (b) Citation indexing
(3) Eugene Garfield (c) Word frequency
(4) Zip’s Law (d) Law of scattering
(A) 1 (a), 2 (b), 3 (d), 4 (c)
(B) 1 (c), 2 (d), 3 (b), 4 (a)
(C) 1 (d), 2 (b), 3 (a), 4 (c)
(D) 1 (d), 2 (a), 3 (b), 4 (c)
37. The oldest and the largest Library Association in the world is............. .
38. Which of the following is not covered under Intellectual Property Rights ?
(C) Trade Marks
39. Ontology is................. .
(A) An Indexing Method
(B) Classification of Internet based documents
(C) Cataloguing of Internet based documents
(D) Documentation service
40. Mozilla is................ .
(A) An operating system
(B) Library software
(C) A web browser
(D) A search engine
41. The concept of concretes and processes was given by.............. .
(B) H. P. Luhn
(C) Derek Austin
(D) S. R. Ranganathan
42. Chairman of National Knowledge Commission is............... .
(A) Pranab Mukherjee
(B) Nandan Nilekani
(C) P. Chidambaram
(D) Sam Pitroda
43. High Level Language is.................. .
(A) Disk space dependent
(B) O. S. dependent
(C) Machine independent
(D) Machine dependent
44. The transmission of receiver’s reaction back to the sender is known as................. .
45. Currently “Science Citation Index” is published by................... .
46. Protocol means............... .
(A) Interchange of data between two devices
(B) Interchange of data between two computers
(C) Linkage between two computers
(D) Linkage between two devices
47. Which of the following is an ‘Acronym’ ?
48. A set of rules that govern overall data communications system is popularly known
49. Staffing is concerned with providing and maintaining................resources.
50. Which of the following is not true about e journals ?
(A) They are distributed through digital methods
(B) They also have editors or editorial boards
(C) They are publications of serial nature
(D) They are always free of cost
51. What is the meaning of 'Translation Pools' ?
(A) Details about the names of translation experts
(B) Details about the addresses of the translators
(C) Agency of the names of translation experts
(D) None of these.
52. How is stochastic equation of information solved ?
(A) By statistical rules
(B) By dynamic rules
(C) By statistical and dynamic rules
(D) None of these.
53. Which are the facets relating to INFLIBNET ?
Of these :
(A) (a), (c) and (d)
(C) (a). (b) and (c)
(B) (c), (b) and (a)
(D) all of these.
54.Match the following and choose the correct answer from the codes given below :
List A List B
( 1 ) Asiatic Society Library a. Kolkata
(2) Connemara Public Library b. Chennai
(3) Khuda Bux Oriental Library c. Patna
(4) Saraswati Mahal Library d. Tanjore.
1 2 3 4
(A) a b c d
(B) d a b c
(C) c d a b
(Dl b d a c
55. Match the following and choose the correct answer from the codes given below :
List A List B
( 1 ) World of learning a. Alphabetical
(2) Sear's list of subject headings b. Classified
(3) Roget's International Thesaurus c. Geographical
(4) Indian National Bibliography d. Topical.
1 2 3 4
(A) b d a c
(B) c a d b
(C) a b c d
(Dl d a b c
56. Whether Library is a system ?
(A) Yes, it has various sections as sub-systems coordinating each other forming a system
(B) No, it cannot be a system
(C) It is quite impossible
(D) Library is separate from a system.
57 . The 'Five Laws of Library Science' propounded by Dr. S. R. Ranganathan, is which
type of research ?
(A) Applied research
(B) Pure research
(C) Basic research
(D) Survey research.
58. Information Science is a discipline that investigates
(A) the properties and behaviour of information
(B) the forces governing the flow of information
(C) the means for processing of information for optimal uses
(D) all of these.
59. 'Kinesis' is related to
(D) none of these.
60. The term 'Bibliophile' refers to
(A) a Bibliographer
(B) a Book Lover
(C) a Publisher
(D) a Book Binder.
61. Theory X and Theory Y were formulated by
(A) Douglas Murray McGregor
(B) Peter Drucker
(C) Abraham Maslow
(D) F. W. Taylor.
62. MeSH is the name of a
(A) Medical Library
(B) C.S.I.R. Unit
(C) Controlled Vocabulary
(D) none of these.
63. Which record is the hub of the stack in a library ?
(A) Accession register
(B) Shelf list register
(C) Book catalogue
(D) Staff manual.
64. In which year did A. W. Borden start a refresher course for librarians in India ?
65. A. B. Maslow is related to
(A) Theory X and Theory Y
(B) Hierarchy of human needs
(C) 14 principles
(D) Hygienic factors.
66. Information may be categorised into
(A) logical, analytical and statistical
(B) statistical, descriptive and analytical
(C) analytical, statistical and systematic
(D) systematic, analytical and descriptive.
67. What is not open source software for library management ?
(C) php my Library
68. What is Delphi method ?
(A) It is a programming language
(B) It is a method of research
(C) It is a software
(D) It is used for cost-benefit analysis.
69. Who contributed on the systematic use of user's education ?
(B) Melvil Dewey
(C) E. J. Coates
(D) Patricia B. Knapp.
70. Who said 'some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be
chewed and digested' ?
(A) John Milton
(B) William Jones
(C) Francis Bacon
(D) Benjamin Franklin.
71. In which year was the International Book Year celebrated by UNESCO ?
72. What is the full form of IATLIS ?
(A) International Association of Trade Unions of Library Science
(B) Indian Association of Teachers in Library & Information Science
(C) Indian Airlines Technical Lower Intelligence Services
(D) Indian Air Traffic Light, Information and Signal.
73. ISBN consists of
(A) ten digits
(B) thirteen digits
(D) there are no digits.
74. DDC 22nd edition is published by
(A) Forest Press
75. Management by Objectives ( MBO ) is introduced by
(A) H. W. Wilson
(B) S. R. Ranganathan
(C) F. W. Taylor
(D) Peter Drucker.
76. ASK ( Approach, Skill, Knowledge ) principle is related to
77. Which section of the library is known as hub of the staff ?
(A) Maintenance section
(B) Reference section
(C) Circulation section
(D) Technical section.
78. Who suggested for Book Order Vigilance Pad ( BOVP ) ?
(A) C. A. Cutter
(B) Melvil Dewey
(C) Michael Gorman
(D) S. R. Ranganathan.
79. The subject of Research Methodology is the outcome of the mode of formation of
subject, known as
(A) Loose Assemblage
80. IIA founded in U.S.A. in 1968 stands for
(A) Integrated Industry Association
(B) Information Industry Association
(C) Integrated Illiteracy eradication Association
(D) Institute of Information Association.
81. BSO in classification stands for
(A) Basic Subject of Organisation
(B) Broad Subject Ordering
(C) Bibliography of Subject Ordering
(D) Bibliographic Subject Organisation.
82. The concept of Selective Dissemination of Information ( SDI ) was introduced by
(B) Luhn of IBM
(C) S. R. Ranganathan
(D) Derek Austin.
83. The book 'Library Administration' was brought out by Ranganathan in
84. The Chairman of the National Knowledge Commission, Govt. of India, is
(A) D. P. Chattopadhyay
(B) B. P. Barua
(C) R. K. Dasgupta
(D) Dr. Sam Pitroda.
85. IPR stands for
(A) Indian Press Registration
(B) Intellectual Property Right
(C) International Property Right
(D) Indian Property Regulations.
86. 'Fair use' is the norm for determining the legality of
(A) producing the second edition of a book
(B) photocopying an entire book
(C) making available a book to another library on inter-library loan
(D) prescribing a book as a text book.
87. User education may be provided in four interrelated areas which are
(A) user's awareness, user studies, library orientation, bibliographic instruction
(B) user's awareness, library orientation, inter-profiling, bibliographic instruction
(C) aptitude test of the users, use of cataloguing, inter-profiling, user's awareness
(D) bibliographic instruction, library orientation, computer literacy, user's
88. Generally a reference service of a library in the conventional form is processed through
the stages which are
(A) preparation, service, assimilation
(B) indexing, orientation, delivery of the query's reply
(C) orientation, user's study, photocopy supplied
(D) preparation, orientation, delivery of the query's reply.
89. There are a few basic factors which may be applied in winning the hearts of the
readers. They are
(A) psychological factor, environmental factor, social factor
(B) self factor, psychological factor, service factor
(C) service factor, philosophical factor, self factor
(Dl technological factor, service factor, self factor.
90. The marketing concepts in Library Service include
(A) analysis, planning, implementation and control
(B) advertising, planning, analysis and control
(C) distribution, control, analysis, implementation
(D) indexing, planning, control and implementation.
91. The first centre to use computer in the library and information activities in India is
92. LA is the Library Association of
(B) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Great Britain
93. Three great achievements in U.S.A. were noticed i.e. enunciation of DDC classification
scheme, formation of American Library Association and the publication of 1 st Journal
of the librarianship in the year
(A) 1857 (B) 1859
(C) 1876 (D) 1901.
94. Of the following libraries in India, which one is the oldest library ?
(A) Asiatic Society Library, Bombay
(B) Connemara Public Library, Madras
(C) Delhi Public Library, Delhi
(D) National Library of India, Calcutta.
95. Calcutta Public Library was established during
(A) 15th Century (B) 16th Century
(C) 19th Century (D) 20th Century.
96. Who is regarded as father of bibliography ?
(A) Paul Otlet
(B) Conrad Gesner
(C) J. C. Brunet
(D) A. C. Fosket.
97. Linear model of communication in knowledge based on Aristotles’ model of
communication was proposed by
(A) Juger Heberman
(B) A.J. Wells
(C) C.E. Shannon & W. Weaver
(D) G. Gerbner
98. ISBN changed from 10 digits to 13 from
(A) January, 2007
(B) January, 2008
(C) January, 2006
(D) January, 2005
99. Library Legislation refers to the development of
(A) Academic Libraries
(B) Special Libraries
(C) Public Libraries
(D) None of the above
100. IASLIC was founded in the year
1.B, 2.B, 3.D, 4.C, 5.C, 6..A, 7.C, 8.D, 9. D, 10. C, 11.B, 12.B, 13.A, 14.C, 15. D, 16. C, 17. B, 18.C,, 19.C, 20.A, 21.A (Confuse), 22.C, 23. C, 24.D, 25.B, 26.B, 27.C, 28.B, 29.C, 30.B,31.B, 32.C, 33.A, 34.C, 35.C, 36.D, 37.A, 38.D, 39. B, 40.C, 41.D, 42.D, 43.C, 44.B, 45.C, 46.B, 47.A, 48.A, 49.C, 50.D, 51.C, 52.B, 53.D, 54.A, 55.B, 56.A, 57. A&C (Confuse), 58.D, 59.A, 60.B, 61.A, 62.A&C (Confuse), 63.A,64.B,65.B, 66.B, 67.-, 68.B, 69.-, 70.C, 71.D, 72.B, 73.B, 74.B, 75.D, 76.B, 77.D May be, 78.D Maybe, 79.-, 80.- 81.B, 82.B, 83.D, 84.D, 85.B, 86.B, 87.-, 88.-, 89.-, 90.-, 91.-, 92.C, 93.C, 94.B&D (Confuse), 95.C, 96.B, 97.C, 98.A, 99.C, 100.A.