Basic Operation of a Computer
- The computer accepts information in the form of programs and data through an input unit and stores it in memory.
- Information stored in the memory is fetched, under program control, into an arithmetic and logic unit, where it is processed.
- Processed information leaves the computer through an output unit.
- All activities inside the machine are directed by the control unit.
Memory Unit – Primary Storage
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Read Only Memory(ROM)
- PROM(Programmable Read Only Memory)
- EPROM.(Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory)